Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Campout with the Spillanes

So we braved another campout with Samantha over labor day weekend. Her first campout was on the beach for the Armour family reunion. She was only 9 months and couldn't crawl, so camping with a curious little girl running around was definitely a different experience but we had a great time. Samantha loved it!! The only downside was that she wouldn't sleep, literally from 11pm to 5:30am we were up. I finally had to go in the car because I couldn't keep her quite and I didn't want her keeping our friends the Spillanes up. So she crawled around and played in the car all night while I tried to keep her from freezing. I finally went back in around 5:30, got her to sleep by 6, and the Spillanes little boy Gaven woke up at 7. So, mommy only got an hour of sleep, but Samantha slept till nine:) Overall though, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I have so many fun memories camping with my family when I was younger, I definitely want that to be a tradition with our family:)

Here's Samantha playing at the little park they had at the campsite:)



We went on a hike the next morning. Since we never bought one of those huge camping carriers, we tried out the little infant carrier. It actually worked great, even though Samantha is so tall, she was barely over the weight limit:)

This is one of our little family on the hike. Don't look to closely! Remember I'm like 8 weeks pregnant running on one hour of sleep and not enough food!!


Here's Samantha trying to help daddy put the tent away.


The two little ones played in the car while we all cleaned up. This is Creed's hat:) She loves playing in cars, so she was in heaven, although I thought she would have had enough after the night before.



We had a great time and were grateful the Spillanes invited us to go!! We were also glad it was only for a night. Next time maybe we'll be a little braver and go for longer:)


No comments: