Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Samantha's First Trip to the Zoo!

So here are some pictures of Samantha's first zoo experience. We went in the middle of August so the weather was perfect. She absolutely loved it!! We will definitely be getting a season pass next year:)

These first two pictures are of her feeding the Giraffes, (well, mom and dad feeding them, she wasn't quite that brave!) which was by far her favorite part. We could have spent all day there. She loved watching their tongues stick out to grab the crackers. Lots of fun!!



Here she is mimicking the giraffes!! It was so cute, at first we weren't sure what she was doing and then it clicked. She seriously did that for the rest of the day!! What a cute girl we have:)



Here she got to pet a baby wallaby. It was so little and sleeping so I wasn't sure if she'd even realize what it was, but she of course did and was excited that she actually got to touch an animal! (Mommy wouldn't let her go to the petting zoo portion...we'll brave that next year when I have a little more control over what she puts in her mouth, including her hands!!) I actually thought the older wallabies were way more exciting. They were hopping all around us, because we were gated in, they could just roam around, so that was lots of fun.



Next we went into this room full of birds. The exhibit is called budgie buddies and was actually very cool. I don't normally enjoy having hundreds of birds flying over my head, but of course Samantha loved it and we didn't get pooped on, so overall a good experience;)




The monkeys were also a big hit, of course!! I think the people around us liked watching Samantha scream monkey sounds more than looking at the actual monkeys!!



Here she's looking at the gorillas and if you look closely you can tell she's doing monkey motions and I'm sure monkey noises as well:) There was a baby gorilla with its mommy that she loved. We couldn't get her to leave or even let anyone else in to look with her!! Looks like her obsession with babies doesn't end with humans!



Here she is exhausted on the way to the car. We bought her a souvenir giraffe, much to daddy's dismay! But she loves it and still sleeps with it almost every night:)









We had a great time at the zoo! I only wish we wouldn't have waited so long to take her. Oh well, there's always next year:)

6 comments:

Pegasus !4 U said...

I love the first trip to the zoo, they are so excited!

Preeti Ann Temple said...

Wow! She is super cute Steph! We took Sophie to the Zoo recently and she was not into feeding the giraffe's either. Weird! Hope you guys are doing awesome. Congratulations on little one in your belly too :) Love ya!

Koren said...

Wait, you're pregnant? Wow, congratulations!

Morgan Hardin said...

Stephanie Hi!! Yay for your blog! Congrats on the baby to be! I had no clue! How fun for you guys!

Michelle and Tyler said...

SO cute :) I cant wait to see that little girl! Only 3 more weeks! Yay!

Morgan Hardin said...

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. That is exciting for a spring baby. Not too hot! We are not sure what we will be doing when Josh graduates. We hope to be wherever our family is. So either UT or AZ. But we will go wherever Josh gets a good job. Who knows!