Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Tears



We are always trying to find Sabath appropriate activities for Samantha. Even with afternoon church, there is still a lot of Sunday left and she is both cranky from missing her nap, and she gets bored easily. So, I decided that even though we try not to watch movies on Sunday, maybe if we watched The Prince of Egypt, that would be ok. Come on, it's a bible story, right!! Anyway, so I checked it out at the library and after a busy Sunday morning, Jon and I were both glad that we could put this movie on for Samantha. So Samantha's sitting on the floor watching it while I'm getting dinner ready and as soon as the mommy put baby Moses in the river, Samantha literally burst into tears. We're not talking little ones either, complete sobs!! It took me ten minutes to get her to calm down. She just looked at me like, why would the mommy do that, she was so sad and upset! It was hard to explain it to her, and then they only show the baby once more, then it's grown up Moses, which further complicated things. Anyway, it was the cutest thing in the world. I am so lucky to have such a sensitive little girl. She is always worried about other kids when they cry and will come and give you a hug or a pat or anything she can think of if you are sad. I love my little Samantha girl:)

3 comments:

Demarcus Family said...

Hi Stephanie!
I can't find your email so I thought I would comment on your blog :) ( cute by the way..)
Anyway, for Super Saturday yuo want 2 art board.. what do you want them to say? Your kids name? Or Look what WE made?
Let me know! Thanks
Trish

Becca's Blog said...

THat is so stinkin cute and sad all at the same time. I hope you guys are feeling better.

Michelle and Tyler said...

Ty and I think it's time for an UPDATE!!! Please... :)